I saw this on face book recently and though I would use it in my article this month.
“Do You Want to Fast this Lent?” – In the words of Pope Francis
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words
- Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope
- Fast from worries and have trust in God
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful
- Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen
I thought this was so beautiful! A great reminder for us all, especially during the season of Lent.
I am nowhere in the same league as Pope Francis but I wanted to make a suggestion of my own.
- Fast for one meal that you would have gone out to eat and give the money you would have spent to the church.
Any or all of these will bring us closer in our relationship to our Lord.
Blessings to each of you during this Lenten Season